Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Jennifer + Dwayne Get Married! {by Kitty and Caroline}

Everyone knows I can't make a long story short.  Neither can Caroline.  Well, neither can Jennifer or Dwayne and our very first very long meeting was chock full of hilarious stories about how they met, dating dramas, the proposal, and how while Jennifer loves surprises, she simply must sabotage every surprise Dwayne plans for her.  Our faces hurt by the time we got to the business aspect of things and in the end, they didn't want to decide between Caroline and me, so they hired us both.  Which was funny because both Caroline and I were sitting there secretly hoping "I hope they pick me! I hope they pick me!" and we both got our wish.

Favorite getting ready things: Jennifer's delicate hair fascinator, her laugh which is unique and hearty and made us smile every time we heard it (which is quite often), her mom crying and laughing at the same time watching Jennifer put on her dress, and the bridesmaids teasing Jennifer for being so conscious of her grooming - she puts perfume on her feet.  Personally, I think that's fabulous. :)


 Favorite thing about their portraits: feeling like a lazy bug. Caroline shot J+D's engagement photos and when I looked at them, I had to ask if it was as easy as it looked.  To which she answered "they are just CRAZY about each other!"  So we just stuck them together and started shooting.  I kept thinking "should I tell them to do something?!?...nahhh...this is what it's all about."
 Biggest challenge of the day: group portraits.  Dwayne has 13 siblings.  All the boys are D's all the girls are K's...and he can name them all...it's quite a party trick.  Many of them have families of their own, so some of the extended family shots had upwards of about 35 people in them.  We would like to extend our thanks to everyone for their patience. :)
 Favorite ceremony detail: bagpiper on the hill in the distance.  Very cool.

 Awesome reception stuff: chocolate fountain, rustic fall decor, sparkly lights behind the dance floor.

 Kitty Hangs Her Head in Shame Moment: I love the Chicken Dance.  (There...I've said it...publicly.) I think it's hilarious.  Many small children at this wedding and lots of adults not afraid to act childlike on the dance floor.  This particular Chicken Dance was awesome...if not nearly dangerous. haha

Funny stuff: when one of Dwayne's toddler nephews attempted to assist with the garter removal.  That little guy is going to be trouble. :)
Amazing thing: I have not received one single email from Jen asking when her photos would be ready.  For someone who is very conscious of her tendency toward being impatient (we had a good laugh about this) I am very very impressed.  Not wishing to make her wait one more moment, I'm going to stop here and hit "publish."

Jennifer's dress: Enzoani @ Toulas Bridal - Canfield, Ohio / Jennifer's hair: In Style Salon - Attica, Ohio / venue: Mohawk Golf & Country Club - Tiffin, Ohio / flowers: Schuster's Flower Shop - Upper Sandusky, Ohio / cake: Willis Cakes by Diane - Marion, Ohio

No comments: