Saturday, September 27, 2008

laura & drew's engagement session

I've been dying to get Laura & Drew's engagement photos up here! We were without power for a week and everything piled up, but I'm catching up and can finally get to some of the fun stuff...like blogging photos I want everyone to see. :)

Laura is the author of the fabulous Bridal Cheek blog. You really have to check it out; she has excellent taste, very good sense, and possibly more important, a good sense of humour when it comes to all things wedding.
Traversing their favorite downtown neighborhood, we found lots of surprise pockets of loveliness, like this seemingly abandoned garden, overgrown with wildflowers and trees.


I've always loved this building. It's imposing and seems totally out of place in downtown Columbus. I don't know why I think American Gothic is funny every time**, but this scene really called for it. (**Probably because of the restraint it takes to keep a straight face and the inevitable cracking-up that follows.)
Oh, Collier West. How I love you so. Laura had posted about this amazing store on her blog and we just had to go by. The staff was kind enough to allow us to take some photos of Laura & Drew looking around at the pretties inside the store (which I'll post more of at a later time!)





They're very cute together. :)
Next stop: Jeni's ice cream!
Not a huge fan of the diamond industry, Laura and Drew designed her yellow sapphire ring together.
If I remember correctly, Laura chose her shoes before her dress. Girl after my own heart. ;)



I had a blast getting to know them a little better and I'm so looking forward to their wedding next spring!

2 comments:

Deanna Kaye Photography said...

Kitty, these are wonderful! I LOVE LOVE the last shot with the sun shining through. Fabulous!

Deanna

Anonymous said...

Kitty you have a way of making the Short North look even cooler than what it already is!!